Author Topic: Surprise! (Gen/Calia/Tacitus)  (Read 53 times)

JMouse

• View Profile
Surprise! (Gen/Calia/Tacitus)
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »
-The letter was elegantly written and yet so simple, just letting Gen know she was to attend a meeting of great importance to her future, and from all she could tell, it couldnt be that bad, now could it? The owl seemed less then friendly as it had come, but she still managed to scrounge up a bit of fruit to offer to it. Something was odd about the owl, but she was the type of girl that seemed to know more about animals then she did people, she was more connected, more so to the larger breeds, as her heart was with the winged horses.

Gen had no idea that her parents freedoms had just been brought into the picture, that her fulfillment of her contract would make them walk free. Gen had presumed them dead as they hadnt tried to contact her at all, she hadnt heard from them in a few years, nor her siblings. She had taken solice in her studies, outside of school as well, wanting to know the ins and outs of the animals she cared so much for. She wanted nothing more then to have her own large breeding farm, eventually getting to have them in races, to make her fortunes and live out her days happily alone, atleast human companionshipwise.

Glancing down at her nails that were covered in dirt, she had been assisting in building a new enclosure, and yes, she wanted to do it by hand, knowing fully she could use magic but it was so much more fullfilling to get your hands dirty, atleast in her perspective. As much as she was a model and a beauty, she did enjoy playing in the dirt like common folk as her parents used to scold her. She spent hours riding her mothers horse Pashmina, so named for how soft she is, and had just now finished up her morning routine. Heading into her aunts home, she slid her mucky boots off of her feet and ran upstairs, much to her aunts dismay, she was often told for a woman so small she made quite the racket!

A good wash up, she would emerge with her soft red hair pinned into a classy updo, a swirled bun in the back, a few tendrils of her bags along her face, her freckles seemed even more promident and she had never thought to cover them. The uneven color of her eyes, the left green, the right blue made some stop and take a second look, tho she too had gotten used to the akward glances. It was told to her that it meant she was special, a sure angel, but at times she wondered if it were nothing more then a curse.

Double checking the address, she would arrive a short time after, glancing up at the building, this seemed right. All she could think of was that she had some distant relative that wanted a piece of her fortune, her aunt had been telling her all along to keep her head low and not speak to anyone, and thus far, she had done a rather good job, keeping her nose in the books and having only a few friends, if you wanted to call them that, she hardly would be able to ask them for help, so lately she had felt akward and alone. Checking for a buzzer, finding one, she heard it sound off, and stood there, shoulders pushed back. She had chosen to wear a soft cream colored dress, it hugged her form nicely, cut down at her knees, a low cirled neckline accentuating her collarbones and shoulders, but it still held the class that had been banged into her head from day one, she was a pureblood and should act so! Overcoat was a grey color, most of her clothing was muted, not to draw attention, that wouldnt be heard of from her aunt, and she hadnt bought anything for herself in a long while, a light brush of make up to show off her features felt heavy to her as the nerves started in, she hated the unknown, rocking back on her heels just a bit, murmering to herself underbreath, 'its fine, im sure its...fine' Fine was a horrible overused word.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:31:12 AM by Russ »

Russ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Surprise! (Gen/Calia/Tacitus)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:10:02 PM »
Tacitus had no idea what he was doing here, he was normally meant to be working now. But Calia had told him to be here, and that he had to look his best. He didn't mind to much, he had nothing lined up the bookings were a bit thin on the ground today. He doubted that he would get any useful information for Calia. And he knew better than to question his beloved sister. He'd learnt that the hard way, but Calia never gave up on him. Everything was for his and the families own good. And he had come to idolise his sisters, Calia and Nirroh like him were true believers in the cause. The family were destined for greatness. They would get back to the top. One way or another they would achieve it.

As the romans used to say "If you must break the law do it to seize power"  He had little love for muggles, but the romans he admired. Or there way, the order, the heirarchy. He yearned for those days.

He was wearing a new suit, fitted of course. His robes over the top of it, to show his place as a believer in the old ways. He check the mirror and ran his hand through his hair a bit. His hair was immaculate and not a hair out of place. He prided himself on his appearance, it was one of the ways the family distinguished themselves. The fact they had no money was irrelevant, appearance mattered.

Satisfied he nodded to himself and moved down the stairs. He looked surprised at who was looking up, a girl, clearly nervous. He held it together, if she had been invited here she was a pureblood and an important one at that, Calia wouldn't let any old person visit the house. He noticed her eyes odd different colours. She wasn't unattractive she just hadn't clearly found herself yet. He wouldn't smile or look like anything he stay expressionless for a second, not sure what to make of her. Till he figured if the guest thought he was rude Calia would chastise him so he smiled "Hello welcome to the Mane house, I am Tacitus, please come in and what is your name?" He would smile and lead the way to the reception room point to a chair. "Please have a seat, my sister will be along to meet you shortly." He offered no explanation as to why she was here as really he didn't know. He brushed his hair back, and nodded noting her request "I will be back shortly." He turned and as he went out the room, his expression went darker. He moved to the main room to find his sister and nodded and waited till her attention was off her task. "Forgive me Calia, but your guest has arrived, I will fetch refreshments, then join you, any requests?" He paused a second he knew better than to question her. "Her name is Gen." He would wait to be excused and would prepare the drinks.

Cherie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 01:22:36 PM »
-Calia heard the door..but god forbid she get up and answer it. No that was for her siblings to do for now. So when Tacitus came to her she would nod her head.-

"She is not here for me Tacitus. I will bring the refreshment, please keep your guest company."

-That was her way of saying that this woman was here for him, with out actually saying it. However she would of course play the part of the douting sister as she had done the same for Nirroh when she was introduced to the man she was to marry. She would treat Tacitus the same way. So she had excused back into the reception room to keep his guest company. Calia had gone into the kitchen but the house elf would have a tray already prepared. Calia took the tray as if she put together the mini sandwiches, water and of course tea..because it would not be a proper meeting with out a spot of tea now would it.

Calia entered into the room holding the tray before she put it down on the coffee table in front of the couch that she expected the both to be sitting on.-

"Gen, it is a pleasure to meet you finally. I am Calia, and I see you've already met Tacitus. He is to be your future husband."

-And there was the bomb shell..there was no real beating around the bush with Calia..she threw it out there just like that. Because that was how things were done, you got nothing accomplished by beating around the bush. So she she waited to see their reactions to the news.-

"Tea, dear?"

JMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 01:37:30 PM »
-Gen would look at the person behind the door with a bit of a wary eye, but that forced smile that had been trained from day one showed up, she would look pleasent, yet very innocent, as if a good wind would knock her over. "thank you..I'm Gen Tennyson.." and yes she would kick herself later when she didnt introduce herself with her full good name, you know, Imogen, which she HATED it was so ...strange of a name, so Gen it was, always. Mentally kicking herself as she followed him in, taking note that he pointed at a chair, was he the butler? what was this place? oh wait, his sister, alright, great. "very well.." he messed with his hair a bit and she wondered how he got it so perfect, hers always had a stray here and there, infact a few strands fell over her left eye and she left it there, right, her eyes, most did look at her strangely, but she let it go, for now. Crossing her legs as she was doing her best to keep her poise, obviously this was a serious place, she had heard of the Manes in passing from school but wasnt sure if the rumors were true, or what they were about, so she was keeping an even keeled head on her.

Flickering her gaze up to meet Calia as she came into the room, she debated getting up but then she set the tray down infront of them, she was about to say something like, thankyou for having me or, its my pleasure to be here or something else so tactful but instead she heard future and husband and swore the room was swimming for a minute, a blink and then she would turn her head just slightly to take note of Tacitus there, then back to Calia, knowing her mouth was open like a codfish, and hardly attractive so she quickly shut it, then cleared her throat, "I apologize, did you say husband?" she didnt know about the fact she had a contract, only that her aunt said that if she gave her flower to anyone, she would be locked up in a tower, she just thought her aunt was over dramatic. The tea question came next, and as she had been programed he response was almost robotic, "yes please..with two sugars.." thats how she always drank it, and at home she would add peppermint but right now, she wished she had something else on her stomach as it flopped.

Realizing she was probably being obtuse, she managed to find her words again, "..I dont, understand Calia..." hoping she got her name right as she knew that Taticus' name was going to be butchered, he needed a nickname and pronto!-

Russ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:15:51 PM »
He looked startled when she said she wasn't here for him, his stomach knotted a bit, he had an ill feeling like he knew what was to come. He knew when Nirroh was married off that he would follow shortly after, was this to be the time. He wouldn't question her though he nodded "as you say Calia."

He moved back in and settled in next to her smiling. "My sister will be along shortly... Gen." He wasn't used to nicknames, but it was the only name he had. "I am not familiar with your family now, but you must have a rich history?" He was fascinated by history, always but he also hoped he was being married to someone with pedigree. He was annoyed when he saw the stray hair and discreetly he was trying his best to fix it back in place. If she was to be his wife, impressions were everything. He liked that she was sitting prim and proper at least. Before he could ask more Calia would enter.

She had the best crockery and plates so he knew what was coming. He heard the words but they took a second to settle in. He felt a multitude of feelings but he knew never question Calia especially not in front of his fiancee. He would nod and sit silent for a minute. Finally he would stand and move to his sister. "She is a fine choice for me Calia, I won't let you down, I can see she will be fertile, she has the hips, and the family will benefit from this alignment." IT was blunt but how he was taught to be.

He would move back to Gen and smile he could see she was shock. "Its ok... Gen... we will be a fine couple and raise the MAne name to greatness again, i can be a good husband to you." He didn't know what else to say, but he knew Calia would not stand for him to openly question her.

Cherie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 02:31:29 PM »
"Married. A union between a man and a woman?" -she said looking at her hoping the poor girl wasn't daft..that would not do. She could not have stupidity in her family. If that was the case Calia might have to break the agreement..it was already bad enough she had discolored eyes..but on top of that she might be challanged mentally? Oh dear..oh how the purebloods have fallen. This was what did happen when you married with in families. They didn't exactly create the brightest of wizards. But perhaps she could at least bare Tacitus children.

Calia handed Gen her tea just as she requested it before she took a seat across from the woman and was looking at her and looking very prouly at Tacitus..so far two of the siblings have made her proud..the other two she disowned and they would as well.-

"Very well Tacitus."

-she said as if for him to stop the dribble coming from his mouth. While she was glad he learned his lesson and would indeed make a fine husband she had matters to discuss with Gen as well.-

"You seemed confused, Imogen. Your aunt has arranged this marriage with Tacitus. It would be a blight on both of our houses to refuse it. But I see you two have much to discuss. Please call if you need anything. It was a pleasure to meet you Imogen, and I look foward to calling you sister in law"

-She said with a sweet and warm smile before glancing to Tacitus and heading out of the room so they could get to know each other. No other questions would be asked of her and they would both be wise not too. Calia was not a very patient woman.-

JMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 03:17:40 PM »
-With Tac sitting down next to her once again, she would feel her legs pull tighter in the cross, knowing her aunt would lose her shit on her if she knew she had them parted AT all, she was very much so looking out for her flower, infact she had told her to imagine she had a small piece of candy between her knees and she could NEVER let it fall to the ground, so yes, the imagry was there often and hard to keep so pulled at times. With the mention of her family, she would nod, "My family hails from Dublin Ireland.." her smile a bit distant, and then the bomb was dropped.

Tact was acting too..tactful? HA! Did he just talk about her hips, and being fertile? oh good lord. She was doing her best to sit very still but she too wanted to stand up and run the hell outta there, these people were crazy, contract, but then it was all starting to make sense, all of the times her aunt was being so careful with her, she wasnt allowed to meet boys, talk to boys, hell she had her stalking her in the halls and made sure she had four girls in her dorm area to make sure she stayed away, part of her wondered if the woman wanted her to have a girlfriend perhaps, and she had come close to one in particular but that was neither here nor there, she found herself looking over to Tact as he seemed to be actually, was that happy?

"no, I mean I know what a marriage is.."trying not to sound so exasperated but, she had just been told there was a contract between the families, what the hell?! Watching as Calia excused herself, she would feel her heart fluttering, she wanted to pass out, she couldnt breathe but she was keeping it all internal, just as she had been taught to do, not show weakness, although her aunt kept telling her to fix her eye, that she coudl get it taken care of, but she had refused. "thank you.." said as the tea was handed to her, she set the saucer onto the table infront of her, doing her best not to shake as she held the small cup, "this is very good.." after taking a sip, forcing herself to be proper and gentile. "I apologize Calia, I was unaware there was a contract..." a small swallow, "but I am greatful to have the opportunity for the union.." and she meant it, this is what was meant to be, she hoped it would work out in her plans that she had, that he wouldnt be overbearing, tho his sister there seemed a little intense.

When Calia was starting to make her departure, she offered her a smile, "I do as well..." she was trying, super hard not to freak out, hoping that she could talk more candidly with her groom to be, as she could tell Calia wanst one to be trifled with. Waiting until she was out of the room, she would set the tea down and fully turn to look at Tact with his glorious hair, her own wasnt terrible but his seemed to defy nature, "I dont...know what to do from..here..." her brows knit, "it all makes sense now, how I was raised and all..." a small tip of her head, deciding to try to make the best of this, wishing her parents were there to explain, wanting to go home to her aunt and well, take her out, in the least set her feet on fire, but for now, she searched his face with her eyes, "I can tell I am not what you expected..." but she was going to throw her credentals out there, "my great great grandmother ran the largest whiskey distillery in Europe..and my great grandfather wrote the history of horse racing thru the ages...which is what I am interested in carrying on in his honor.." she was rather proud and it was evident, "..what is your family known for?" as yes, she felt like she was in a nightmare and any second she would wake up, tho the soft pinch to her wrist over and over again was proving only fruitful of a bruise.-

Russ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 08:31:43 AM »
Calia could be cold and heartless, Tacitus knew this. Normally he would be amused by her, but not infront of his betrothed, he knew better than to make her look foolish, he'd suffered her wrath before. She could simply glance at him and making him wilt. Years of her training and molding him, made him utterly loyal, but he was his own man, he knew how to do his duty. He remained quiet as she spoke, and knew if Calia had accepted the offer from Gen's aunt it meant money and power for the family. He would be honoured that Calia would choose for him to take up this duty for the family. As she glanced at him he would nod confirming he knew what was expected of him.

If he knew she was planning on calling him Tact he would not be amused, he was proud of his name and the heritage of it. At least she knew how to speak to Calia that counted in her favour. He would play his part now as he settled and would reach out and take her hand, relaxing some now Calia was out the room. "Its ok Gen, I did not know this was coming." He smiled as if he understood her pain. "i'm not sure what to have expected either, i hope you and I can support each other through this though, I have been trained for years for his I'm sure I can be a good husband." It was different, he had been prepared for this, but now it happened he was conflicted. Between duty and his own silly wants. Calia had always told him his own yearnings and desires did not matter in the big picture. In time, he'd be forgotten to the annals of history, but the mane name that would last and that was the key.

Ireland well from what he knew many families came from there so at least she had some pedigree he thought, her eyes would take some getting used to. "And what house are you from?"

Tacitus appreciated whiskey so she was saying the right things, he wasn't to aware of  horse racing that seeemd a mugle pursuit but she clear appreciated heritage another box tick in his head. "That is wonderful! I know little of horses but would like to learn, i myself am a student of history." And a blackmailer he thought but wouldn't share that. He saw her struggling and knew how to behave he was trained in etiquite "he take her hand and take the cup and make her a tea. "this is a shock I know, but it'll be good for us and are families in the long run." He smiled at the question "We are a proud family with a great hertiage, we protect pureblood rights."

The small talk was awkward at first but he knew in time that would pass.

JMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
-Calia seemed......like a hard ass, but maybe you had to be in order to run a family, Gen wouldnt know. She had her aunt, who was also...a hard ass, so yep, that had to be it, they were just..strong women and leading families. She figured her parents were dead, they had to be, they had no contact, the siblings all had letters come to the door along with officers saying how sorry they were, the parents letters never came, but they did get notified that they were MIA and presumed dead, so ...that had to be it..right? Either way she was here now, she had told Calia that she would marry Tac...Tic tac? Taci...Tacky?! Good lord what was his name?! She was so nervous she couldnt think straight and it got worse as he slid his hand out to take hers, trying to help her out she was guessing but, well, she was so scatterbrained that it didnt help..much.

Her hands had small callouses on the edges, she did her own hard work, using magic sparingly, mostly because of where she chose to work, she liked to work with her hands, getting dirty, playing in the mud, not that of someone in a good bloodline should do, but she hardly cared, she was ...Gen. She had remembered to lotion them this morning however, so she had high hopes that they were softer then usual, but atleast she would smell good, blackberrys and cashmere, thats what her aunt told her would smell the best, so she had lathered her whole body with it, mostly to get the smell of horse out from between her fingers and toes, yes her Aunt was a strange woman.

Fingertips lightly held to his, then got a bit stronger as she heard him talk about his training, "it doesnt...bother you that we ..I mean..I've read stories about how it should feel, how romantic ...and..." her eyes slid up to find his, yes they were something he would need to get used to, she shook her head and laughed lightly, "no, nevermind..we can grow into caring...right?" she had high hopes but her heart was still sinking just a bit, knowing men usually didnt change when it came to thier hearts, atleast what she had read and been told.

Oh lord he asked about her house this was harder then she thought, most laughed at her, "I am in Hufflepuff...they said I had an affection toward creatures that was kind and unmatched..." she hoped that meant good things, but one never knew. "and you?" She heard rumors they were all slytherins and scary and bad people, so all of that was rushing back into her mind, oh right, the Manes, ohhh hell, she figured it was a good sign, Mane being the name of a horses hair, that was ..her favorite part, to comb and brush and love on her horse, so.maybe this was too? With him saying he was a history student and that he would want to learn about horses, her smile brightened just a bit, her thumb caressing over his as she held his hand, it was nice to hold a boys hand, different, something very new to her. "It is a shock, just...I didnt know this was an option for me, I hadnt been told I ..." trying to word this right, "would be bestowed an honor like marrying into another pureblood family..." she hadnt thought about the fact that kids would be expected, she hoped not right away, she had so many things she wanted first!

Quirking a brow, she lowered her gaze, "I thought to come as I was, but if my eyes are a problem, I could always use a charm to keep them one color or another...do you prefer the blue or green?" it was hard for her to want to hide who she was, a genuinely good girl, she studied hard and things that didnt come easy, made her study harder. Her heart was pure, probably why the horses tended to like her so much. "its not a bother..really.." she had come to say that right after, programmed as her aunt had constantly told her to keep the charm on, to pick one and stick with it, but she wanted to be real, so..there she was. Watching as he added tea to her cup, he was being so nice it was hard not to feel comfortable around him, which made it worse, how could she be comfortable with a stranger?! Her smile was easing tho, and she was sitting next to him, less clenched, more relaxed, yet those knees kept firmly in place.-

Russ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 02:08:34 PM »
He shifted in the seat, he wasn't trying to make her uncomfortable, he wanted to like her, this was to be his life and future too after all. He could see she was nervous and was trying, it must be a lot to process. But he wanted to make her understand, Calia would not budge on this, and to not comply would be the end of her. He could feel her nervousness as the grab and drew it back both sitting awkwardly as he tried to find the words and just the right thing to say to her. He slide his hand back knowing Calia would expect him to win her over.

He could see her hands, hard, worn, she was used to work, he hoped he could give her a better life and she could be his dutiful wife, with the odd project to keep her happy. But he could see underneath this shyness, was a personality he just had to tug it out. SO he shifted gears to see how she would open up. "You know I might seem cold and a bit stern, but if you shove a history book in front of me, I come to life and can talk for hours, so... Gen what does that for you." He genuinely wanted to know the awkwardness was driving him mad! Calia must know this was a hard sell for him!

She brushed his hand at last some connection. "I.. I mean... you are pretty to look at Gen and I want to know you, My family has it tough but we are proud.. Calia is proud.. If I must do this to restore the line, I want to be there to do that" He was lacking in his usual composure and calm, this was different, life changing, he wanted to be nice to her, she was his wife to be, he could be cruel cold but not to her. "He smiled at that too, he wanted to experience love and closeness, he wasn't sure he would with her, he wanted to look past the flaws, but Calia had trained him in her beliefs well. Gen would have her work cut out. Caring was an alien term to him.

He tried not to moan at the Hufflepuff bit that was a bitter pile. Creatures.. were creatures.. people cared? "Slytherin, I'm not ashamed of my house, i am what i am" IF he sounded arrogant it wasn't so much that he just believed in himself. What was strange was her eyes, he saw something in them. Normally he hated different, but they were curious and engaging. Windows to the soul as history had said. That was holding his attention. He felt something at the brush of the finger. "I hope its an honour, I mean I want you to like me" A soft smile, he really did. He knew arranged marriages could be hell and he wanted them to click, although he was struggling to see how yet. Little things gave him hope, but not much. Was it folly?

His hand brushed her cheek "Gen you are a pureblood, I don't hate your eyes be proud of who you are, no one should even make you feel small, Calia has her ways but she means for you to be great, like all with the Mane name should be." He knew others had disappointed Calia, he would not go the same way. Nor would she, Husbands supported wives after all. He finally made himself a tea, blushing. Gah girls were never this hard before, but then he was never spending his life with one.

JMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 08:36:04 PM »
-Gen wanted this to not be so strange for the both of them, oh hell she hadnt even thought of sleeping next to him, and if they wanted her to have kids, he would have to touch her, with those hands that she was still holding, she felt herself starting to want to faint as she was listening to him, breathe remember to breathe, so she would take in a small one and keep that smile present. She didnt know what was expected of her, besides to continue in thier grand pureblooded lines, and that in itself was going to be interesting.

She would be crushed if she couldnt be around her horses, but right now she wasnt thinking about it. She was only thinking about the current moment, and wait, he had mentioned history books, "I have my great grandfathers full volumes of the history of winged horse racing.." which obviously wasnt a muggle thing, since they flew and all, the mythical creatures were so amazing and she just couldnt help but show the delight in her eyes, they were her favortite things on the planet. "thats what I want to do, eventually...I'd really like to breed them and then race them...take care of them..they are such beautiful creatures.." it was evident that she was wrapped up in the idea of carrying on his legacy. "maybe you would like to read it ..sometime?" she was fishing for it, maybe he did have a softer side.

With him complimenting her, sorta, he had called her pretty so that was something she guessed? "you are ..handsome yourself.." he spoke of restorin the line and it made her knit her brows, "..so how many children do you think we should have?" she was hoping he didnt say a whole team of them, one or two would be good she hoped, but then again, she had heard that the Manes were a large group, so that was probably out. Slytherin, that wasnt somethign that scared her, so she would tack on, "..I am not ashamed of my house either, it doesnt mean you have to be just like everyone else in the house, the great thing about being an individual is that you can be yourself...and it may shape you but it doesnt make you completely who you are.." she had a hard head when it came to herself, she was proud that she worked hard, that she was intelligent and innocent, that she had saved herself for her husband, that she was different.

When he brushed her cheek, she felt the butteflies in her stomach start up, he spoke about being proud and she cracked a bigger smile, her lips parted just a bit, "thank you for not hating them, I know they are...what did my aunt call them...striking?" she wasnt sure if that was good or bad. With him starting to make his tea, she would assist, snagging the teapot and adding it to his cup after he added in the amounts of sugar and milk or none at all, she was sure she would figure him out soon enough.

Doing her best to feel more at ease, she was actually liking the conversation and where it was going, he seemed nice, atleast he wasnt trying to rape her right there on the couch, nor was he yelling, so that was good. "What is your favorite food...and where do you like to go have fun....or what is it you want to do with yourself...eventually..your ...passions?" when he finally had his tea, she would sit back a bit, her back was straight but she found herself turning more toward him, her hand moving once again to rest in his free hand. She wasnt the sex bomb that she showed off in her photos, she hadnt ever had it, nor did she see herself in such a manner, but it did help her confidence in her body, which she still felt was so akward, her aunt told her she had knees like a baby giraffe, that was good...right?-

Russ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 03:46:13 AM »
If it was hard for her, it was for him too, he was just trying his best to show who he was, he wasn't a fool, he knew his ideology didn't mirror everyones. He questioned lots of it, never openly, he knew Calia would kill him, or disown him as she had with Julius. But you didn't read and study like Tacitus and have your eyes opened. His views were slanted and biased by Calias raising of him, but still he wanted a proper marriage, a family and if Gen was to be the part of it, he would try.

"fascinating" Was his response to the horses and he really meant that. It wasn't an area he knew much of and he wanted to learn. He was always on the hunt for opportunities to make money to get out of this b and b. He hated it, the hiding the note taking, he felt destined for greater things and he figure here maybe was a way out, an opportunity. He smiled and stroked her hand to, not even thinking about it, for the first time it wasn't for show or because he felt it was what he should do. "I would love that, I like to read to learn." He could see her hopes and dreams and he couldn't, take that from her, he wanted a life after all. "Maybe... together..." He let that hang it all felt to huge at this time, to much to take in.

He brushed his hair when she said he was handsome it was a nervous habit, he prided himself on appearance but no one had ever said that. "thank you." He spluttered his tea at the directness of the question, he hadn't expected that from her, he was the one to throw questions out like that. "you know what Gen, this is a lot to take in, lets not worry about our children just yet.... maybe we will have dinner first?" he laughed a bit, yes lets try some normal stuff. "I mean I don't know when Calia expects us to..." He had no idea on the date...

"Yes well, there are horrible people everywhere" he woudn't say more on the house it felt dangerous territory and he knew he wouldn't get out the room till Calia was content he'd won Gen over. He smiled. "Why would i hate them,  and they are striking." He was almost lost in them for a second, was he actually getting feelings of attraction... it was weird.

He laughed as they found small talk at last. "Don't tell Calia" He whispered conspiratorial "But i like Italian... yes muggle food." He grinned as if sharing a dirty secret with her. He smiled "ah fun I remember that." He barely left the b and b he ran it it felt like. He stared dreamily "I want to write or teach." But again Calia had said no, he was for greater things, but with Gen it was like he was a kid again pulling up old hopes and dreams. He slide close to her his knee brushing hers a bit.

JMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 11:27:53 PM »
-Had she known that the Manes hated everything Muggly, she would probably have run for the hills. She did think muggles were intersting and they had some fun toys! She didnt know how much Tacitus' family was holding over his head, that she was going to help them financially and well with children, keep thier lineage. With his one line of fascinating, the typist was giggling and saw him suddenly very Spock-like, but Gen would just watch him curiously, unsure as to if that was a good or a bad thing, but since he wasnt yelling, she was good with it.

Gen knew she was destined for greater things, she was going to run the winged horses, race them, breed them, make it her passion and the money, it would be amazing! She didnt want to live with her aunt anymore, the woman had lied to her for the last time, her parents were somewhere, the contract was set and she was just a silly little pawn in her game.  With him talking about them reading together, she smiled a bit more easily, "I'd like that..I love to read too.." she didnt want to add that she had read it so many times over that she memorized them, but she would gladly bring him into her world too. She found herself wanting to get closer to him, he seemed to be opening up abit to her.

So she wanted to know where he was, if Calia had told him hey you are gonna get married on this date and have three kids and then five more or until you die, and well, she was glad that he was thrown off a bit too, laughing lightly, sounding like soft bells, "ok good, I was going to ask when we could go..." not that she was looking at the door or anything, she just..well ok yes she wanted to get the hell out of there, it was alot to think about. Her eyes made her feel very self concious, her aunt had told her all the time to fix them, always change them, do what she could to make them one or the other, even went so far as made her wear glasses over them, just so it wasnt obvious. "thank you...I just...they are ...different and you know how people usually dont like..different.." murmered as she had said it, she realized that she had maybe lumped him in wrong, "im just glad you do like them..." afterall it would be hard to be near her if not right?

With him whispering about liking Italian, she would smile even wider, "Spagetti and meatballs is my ultimate favorite.." she too would whisper it, as if Calia would suddenly jump out and beat them both! She felt horrible for him, he acted as if he never had any fun, that wasnt any good! "..you should do both..." her hand slid to hold onto his, "I think we both should be able to do what we love...and...I am here to support you.." thats what wives were supposed to do..right? Glancing once again to the door, then ovr to the door where she saw Calia go, "..I am ...hungry, should...should we go out maybe?" she was hoping so, she couldnt stand sitting in that stuffy room much longer, she was feeling her knees ache from keeping them so tight.-

Russ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »
Tacitus didn't hate all things Muggle, anything with heritage, order and respect for authority he was a keen admirer of. He was not sure how much Gen knew of Calia's intentions certainly what he knew was minimal and he knew getting Calia to open up or share intentions with him would be a mammoth task. He was a good soldier, never questioning, just doing his duty.

He smiled, reading meant she was at least Educated that was something. Maybe they could make this work. He knew they would have some differences, but that was ok right, they could compliment each other, smooth out the edges. That would be luck though, he knew Calia would have pick them randomly. It would come down to the money Gen's family could offer and the potential growth to the family Heritage and pedigree that would matter. "please let me see them sometime then, I'm sure its fascinating." And he genuinely meant, it. brushing his hair back as he spoke. A little nervous now, they had broken the ice some now, not enough to be utterly at ease. But enough to want to know more.

He could get the sense she wanted out of here, and he'd fidget relcutantly. He had no idea what Calia would feel about them slipping off, but, maybe thats what she wanted, he wanted him to win her over right. She clearly was not at easy here. He didn't always like different but with her, he was ok about it, she was still a pure blood she couldn't help here eyes, although he did worry off her breeding.  But this was a lot to consider and to big right now.

He smiled. "I can get us out of here, I know a place thats quieter and does amazing food, maybe... yes lets go Calia will understand we can talk more freely.

JMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 01:39:19 AM »
-Gen liked a few things that were Muggle, she hadnt had that beat out of her, but her aunt did like to give her issues about working with her hands, especially those damned horses, yes it was a daily struggle but it was worth it in her own opinion. She had not a clue what Calia had intentions of doing with them, only that she was betroved, so that was something new.

She had high hopes that he was smart, and he was cute, and he seemed nice, but in reality it was all still so freaky, why would her parents set up a situtaiton where she coudlnt go find her own love, couldnt find her own life, nope, it was just all planned out for her now, follow the lines. She couldnt help that she was figity, tho her aunt would have probalby smacked her hands a few times, pushed on her back to get her to sit up straighter, she just wasnt built to be a soldier, she was a free spirit and all of this pretentiousness was killing her.

Her knee would knock against his again as she was adjusting how she was sitting, leaning in closer to him, excited by the fact that they were going to get to leave, not that Calia didnt seem so nice, she did seem to have a good head on her shoulders, a bit stern but she was running the family, so it was to be expected. Slowly she would ease up to stand, sliding her hand down to tug at the hem of her skirt, constantly fixing, wanting to make sure that she looked presentable, and maybe later she would be able to relax a bit more, as food sounded good, her stomach was starting to churn more, so yes, fill it to shut it up.

She wouldnt wait for him to show her out, instead she would take the lead and make her way outside, the brisk air hit her face and she would suck in a breath, doing her best not to get too excited by not being in that sitting room trying to be the perfect woman, she would turn to look back, hoping he followed her out and more so hoping that she wasnt going to be taken captive and shoved back into the house. Her smile was bright as she turned to face the door, her hand held out waiting for his, "come on, show me where you like to go away..." she hoped he would open up more to her, she was excited to learn more about him, she wanted this to be a good thing, especially since, well, it seemed they were stuck to one another.-