Author Topic: Gathering Gant Eggs  (Read 4 times)

Chenoa

• View Profile
Gathering Gant Eggs
« on: December 20, 2017, 03:44:54 PM »

(12/20/17-[13:10:13] )

chenoa
{Property of Jotunheimr}
 Jotunheim
At the market browsing the stalls and shops

says to Everyone: "Bond!" The voice of a Mistress would draw me from my thoughts, forcing me to turn my gaze to the store and the large, blond Mistress with her thick braid and dour looking features. My eyes would then drift down to her belly rounded in the late stages of pregnancy.
"Han...yes, Mistress' I stuttered, stepping froward. My hands would slip along the heavy edges of my hood, drawing it down, relieving the delicate features of my face. The high structure of my cheek bones, the warm bronzeof my skin. The hood would rest upon my shoulders as weighted a the Mistress' gaze.
says to Ann: Tal Mistress

(12/20/17-[13:30:21] )

chenoa
{Property of Jotunheimr}
 Jotunheim
At the market browsing the stalls and shops

says to Everyone: "I wish to see you.'
I would blink up at the woman as she stood before the stall that had various fowl add eggs on sale. I could see the annoyance of the Jarl who owned the stall, his arms crossed as he glarred daggers at the Mistress, as if wishing the steel about her throat.

"He says that there are no gint eggs I know there are plenty..."
"Yeah in the cliffs" the elder Jarl muttered still with his arms folded across his chest. "My thrals are busy repairing the damage to my stead ."

The Mistress would turn and glare down at me, as I turned in a slow, but gracefull circle, the biting cold upon my skin was evident in the goosebumps that prickled my flesh. I would keep my head aloft and my smile coy as if holding back a secret. I even dared a wink at the Jarl before I was promptly cuffed along the ear by the Mistress. "Pay attention" she hissed.
(12/20/17-[13:48:45] )

chenoa
{Property of Jotunheimr}
 Jotunheim
Walking one of the muddy paths that wind thoughout the village

says to Everyone: My vision blurred for a moment and my eyes would cut the Mistress who had already begun to walk away. I would follow my own long legs keeping up with her powerful strides, dispite her advance pregancy. "I should not have to do this myself..." she muttered while walking through the village.
I wanted to tell her to calm to speak sweet words so that her child would not come into the word with a bitter heart but thought best against it, my ear still rung from the blow and deep in my heart I prayed to the Great Spirit that she would bear twin girls.

"Keep up bond!" she snapped not bothering to look around to see if I was keeping on her left heel.

chenoa
{Property of Jotunheimr}
 Outside The Village
At a Steading outside of the village

says to Everyone: It seemed like almost three quaters of an hour before the steadying came into veiw. It was small the home was cozy with smoke curling out of the stack. My eyes were not on the picturesque seen but the massive craggy clifts that stood like a sentinel behind the Mistress's home.
"You are going to climb up there and fill this basket with the eggs. "I do not care how you get them down, but I want enough that will freeze so I can have them during the winter..."

I would only gawk upward at the stone wall, the sea birds that swooped in and out of what seemed like thousands of little notches upon the stone face.

(12/20/17-[14:22:51] )

chenoa
{Property of Jotunheimr}
 Outside The Village

says to Everyone: "Don't stand there...get going" The Mistress snapped shoving the basket into my arms. I would sigh as she left me at the base of the clif wall. My lips pursed as I had no clue how to fend off the birds and gather the eggs. I would look about and smile, as I would grab a handfull of cold thicken mud to fashion a small wet bowl, that I would then stuff with dried moss and grass and light with the lamp that hung outside the door.
The smoke was thin, hazy but it would be enough to keep the birds from pecking at my eyes as I slowly began the climb

(12/20/17-[14:37:43] )

chenoa
{Property of Jotunheimr}
 Outside The Village

says to Everyone: My heart racing as I begun the slow climb, the wind would bite at my face, but the small smoky fire in the basket would keep me warm enough as the clift birds fearful of the scent of smoke began to take off towards the sky, abandoning their nest. My toes would clench inside my boots, wedging themselves in a crag, or shuffling upon a thin shelf.
I would not look down, I could not or my heart threaten to climb from my chest. I would stop, reaching for the round eggs, and drop them into the basket. careful not to let them linger too close to the smoke lets it displease the Mistress.

(12/20/17-[14:43:06] )

chenoa
{Property of Jotunheimr}
 Outside The Village

says to Everyone: I had filled theMistress basket, but I would continue to climb, looping my cloak, with a free hand, tucking it into my belt to place almost a dozen of the delicacies into the pouch I had fashion. These would go to the kitchens of the great hall to be dined on later.
It would take me some time to climb down, and my knees would tremble as my feet planted themselves upon soild ground. Panting, my hands upon my knees I noticed the mistress boots beneath my blurred vision

Her lips were pursed as she took the basket from me, replacing it with a small sack of coins. "The Jarl girl...it is his payment" she said coolly as she returned to her home, leaving me to walk back to the village